13 Jan Assgn 1 WK10 (G)
Mental Health Practicum –
Client Termination Summary
Although termination is an inevitable part of the therapeutic process, it is often difficult for clients. However, by discussing termination throughout therapy, you can better prepare your clients for life without you. Once a client has achieved his or her therapeutic goals, termination sessions should be held and documented in a client termination summary.
For this Assignment, you have the opportunity to practice writing a termination summary for a client with whom you have worked during your practicum experience.
· Develop client termination summaries
· For guidance on writing a client termination summary, review pages 693–712 of
Wheeler (2014) in this week’s Learning Resources.
· Identify a client who may be ready to terminate therapy.
· Identifying information of client (e.g., hypothetical name and age)
· Date the client initially contacted therapist, date therapy began, duration of
therapy, and date therapy will end
· Total number of sessions, including number of missed sessions
· Whether termination was planned or unplanned
· Presenting problem
· Major psychosocial issues
· Types of services rendered (e.g., individual, couple/family therapy, group therapy)
· Overview of treatment process
· Goal status (goals met, partially met, unmet)
· Treatment limitations (if any)
· Remaining difficulties and/or concerns
· Follow-up plan (if indicated)
· Instructions for future contact
With the client you selected in mind, address in a client termination summary (without violating HIPAA regulations) the following:
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice. New York, NY: Springer.
- Chapter 17, “Psychotherapy with Children” (pp. 597–624)
- Chapter 20, “Termination and Outcome Evaluation” (pp. 693–712)
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
McGillivray, J. A., & Evert, H. T. (2014). Group cognitive behavioural therapy program shows potential in reducing symptoms of depression and stress among young people with ASD. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 44(8), 2041–2051. doi:10.1007/s10803-014-2087-9
Restek-Petrović, B., Bogović, A., Mihanović, M., Grah, M., Mayer, N., & Ivezić, E. (2014). Changes in aspects of cognitive functioning in young patients with schizophrenia during group psychodynamic psychotherapy: A preliminary study. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry, 68(5), 333–340. doi:10.3109/08039488.2013.839738
Microtraining Associates (Producer). (2009). Leading groups with adolescents [Video file]. Alexandria, VA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2002). Adlerian parent consultation [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
Psychotherapy.net (Producer). (2012). Group counseling with adolescents: A multicultural approach [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Author.
PLEASE PART OF THE CONTRACT IS TO HAVE IT DONE IN 12 HOURS
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.