13 Jan In work organizations, which one of the following nonverbal cues is most likely to be used to convey a sentiment of hostility
1. In work organizations, which one of the following nonverbal cues is most likely to be used to convey a sentiment of hostility to another?
A. Fidgeting or scratching
B. Giving someone a steady stare
C. Breaking off eye-contact
D. Raising the eyebrows and licking one’s lips
2. Every time Louise is being observed, she slows down her work pace. Louise’s behavior exemplifies a problem associated with
A. Machiavelli’s theory.
B. supervised experimentation.
C. the human relations approach.
D. scientific management.
3.You’re the kind of person who feels you can change a situation at work to your own advantage through innovation, persistence, and creativity. According to psychologist Julian Rotter, it’s most likely that you have a/an
A.external locus of control.
B.tendency to give in to group pressures.
C.internal locus of control.
D.tendency to think in terms of extrinsic rewards.
4. A/An _______ occurs when one person observes another person’s behavior and deduces or assumes the causes of it.
5. Studies of identical twins separated at birth seem to indicate that
A.heredity influences personality.
B.culture isn’t very significant in determining personality.
C.the environment is the predominant determining factor of one’s personality.
D.parents determine the personalities of their children even when the children,are adopted.
6. As a human resources director, you would most likely use _______ to assess responses and attitudes in a sensitivity training seminar.
A.the TAT C. personality inventories
D. personality ratings
7. In which one of the following situations would an understanding of the principles of organizational behavior be most beneficial?
A.In a job interview
B.In searching out new jobs
C. In actually landing a job
D. After you get a job
8. Frederick Taylor took it for granted that worker pay increases greater than 60 percent would
A.encourage maximum productivity.
B.motivate only senior members of the workforce.
C.actually reduce worker productivity as they would become lazy.
D.cause workers to become defiant and difficult to manage.
9. Stereotypes are related to shortcuts in the same way that the halo effect is related to
C. implied associations.
D. explicit expectations
10. _______ is related to blaming circumstances in the same way that the fundamental attribution error is related to blaming victims.
A.The self-serving bias
C. Perceptual distortion
D. The halo effect
11. Lawrence Kohlberg’s scheme for understanding the stages of moral development has been
A.backed by research in non-Western culture.
B.proven irrelevant for white-collar behavior.
C.refuted by research in non-Western cultures.
D.used to explain America’s declining work ethic.
12. Which of the following statements is most accurate with regard to personality ratings?
A.They include unclear adjectives as endpoints.
B.They require direct observations of a specific behavior.
C.They’re less subjective than situational tests.
D.They’re not useful for measuring abstract concepts like competitiveness.
13. You see one of your coworkers almost falling asleep at her desk. She’s a very popular girl so you assume her tiredness is because of late-night parties. In fact, she’s temporarily caring for an elderly aunt who keeps her awake most nights.Your incorrect assumption about her sleepiness is an example of
C. subliminal influences.
D. selective perception
14. Which one of the following statements accurately reflects the evolution of approaches to behavior analysis?
A.The contingency approach developed from scientific management.
B.The contingency and culture-quality approach replaced older approaches.
C.The culture-quality movement developed from scientific management.
D.The contingency and culture-quality approaches both developed from the human relations movement.
15. I want to make changes in my company that will increase worker productivity by improving overall attitudes about company values. Among the fields related to organizational behavior, I will be mainly concerned with
A. organizational theory.
B.human resource management.
C. organizational development.
D. human resources theory.
16. The phenomenon in which workers respond to changes in a work setting with improved performance simply because they know they’re being observed is called the
B.human relations approach.
C. culture-quality movement.
D. Hawthorne effect.
17. You take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and discover that you’re an INFP type who cares about learning, ideas, and independent projects. From this analysis you understand that the test also categorizes you as a/an
C. thinking person.
D. intuitive type
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.