13 Jan NR Info
1-page discussion, at least 2 in-text references (1 must be from the book, posted in file the book used)…see the file uploaded for the topic questions.
Workarounds and Their Implications for Patient Safety
1. What is a workaround? Identify a workaround (specific to technology used in a hospital setting) that you have used or perhaps seen someone else use and analyze why you feel this risk-taking behavior was chosen over behavior that conforms to a safety culture. What are the risks? Are there benefits? Why or why not?
2. Discuss the current patient safety characteristics used by your current workplace or clinical site. Identify at least three aspects of your workplace or clinical environment that need to be changed with regard to patient safety (including confidentiality), and then suggest strategies for change.
Using the instructions above, let’s begin a discussion on patient safety, the effects workarounds, and how to integrate informatics tools to improve current practices.
· CO 2: Analyze data from all relevant sources, including technology, to inform the delivery of care.
· CO 4: Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
· CO 5: Identify patient care technologies, information systems, and communication devices that support nursing practice.
· CO 6: Discuss the principles of data integrity, professional ethics, and legal requirements related to data security, regulatory requirements, confidentiality, and client’s right to privacy.
· CO 7: Examine the use of information systems to document interventions related to achieving nurse-sensitive outcomes.
· CO 8: Discuss the value of best evidence as a driving force to institute change in delivery of nursing care.
As we know, patient safety is an important goal for all of healthcare. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to maintain with all the needs for various patients. As you go through this week’s discussion, I would like to you to also see what informatics can do to improve patient safety and deal with workarounds that occur throughout healthcare. Do you have any experiences in a negative or positive workaround and how informatics could have helped it? Have you been in any situation where patient safety was compromised, and you feel informatics could have prevented it? How can you, as a nursing student, promote patient safety and information confidentiality?
McGonigle, D. & Mastrian, K. (2018). Nursing informatics and the foundation of knowledge(4th ed.). Jones and Bartlett.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.