26 Nov Option #2: Chronic Disease Needs Statement for Grant Proposal You are employed by a nonprofit health community clinic that i
Option #2: Chronic Disease Needs Statement for Grant Proposal
You are employed by a nonprofit health community clinic that is applying for grant funding to support its chronic disease prevention program for chronic diseases that impact your county or state. You have been asked to prepare the Need Statement for the grant. The Need Statement provides facts and evidence to the support the need for the project you are proposing.
Compose a Need Statement that addresses the following:
- Problem Description: What is the problem? Who does it affect? When and Why?
- Provide statistical data on the chronic diseases that is impacting your county or state (e.g. cancer, diabetes, hypertension, etc.).
- Include data on the incidence rates of newly diagnosed cases of each chronic disease during a specified year and the prevalence of actual number of cases at a specific period of time.
- Identify who this problem affects the most, disparities, and other population trends in the disease.
- Include data on mortality rates for each disease. Present this information in the form of a table or chart that is included within the body of the Need Statement, not to exceed one page.
- Problem Recognition: Why is this a problem? How does it affect the community? What other community stakeholders might see this as a problem?
- Problem Implications: What will happen to the population and the community if the chronic disease is not solved?
- Problem urgency: Why the issue needs to be addressed now?
- Population health approach: Discuss how a population-health approach could be used to address existing or potential healthcare disparities gleaned from your research.
- Initiative to address: Describe an initiative implemented at the local, state, or national level that addresses one of the health issues discussed.
Your assignment must:
- Be two to three pages in length, not including the required title and references pages.
- Be supported by at least two peer-reviewed or well-respected industry sources.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.