26 Nov Readings Stiglitz, Globalisms Discontents Friedman, The Dell Theory of Conflict Prevention ANSWER EACH QUESTION INDIVID
Stiglitz, “Globalism’s Discontents”
Friedman, “The Dell Theory of Conflict Prevention
ANSWER EACH QUESTION INDIVIDUALLY
1. Stiglitz, “Globalism’s Discontents”
What does Stiglitz argue about globalization? What does he see as the strengths and weaknesses of globalization? How does Stiglitz view the work of international financial institutions such as the IMF or World Bank especially during the Washington Consensus period? What is his critique of these organizations?
2. Friedman, “The Dell Theory”
According to Friedman’s article what is the dell theory? (see page 294)
What does Friedman argue about countries such as Iraq, Syria, N. Korea, etc? (see page 296)
Does Friedman think the dell theory makes wars obsolete?
3. What are the similarities and differences between Stiglitz and Friedman? What worldview(s) do you think they are coming from?
4. Drawing on Ch. 8 Compare and contrast the national security view vs. human security view. What are the defining characteristics of each. Which paradigms support which view?
5. What are the main issues effecting the environment? (note there are 2)
6. Define each of these three terms:
1. Public good
2. Free rider problem
3. Tragedy of the Commons
7.What are the three solutions proposed to handling the problem of the environment? Which paradigms would you respectively associate with each of these three solutions?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.