26 Nov This is a research journal article so you will find it very technical with a lot of statistics and academic/scientific termi
This is a research journal article so you will find it very technical with a lot of statistics and academic/scientific terminology. Please carefully read it though so that you gain some exposure to research methods, data collection, interpretation of results, and how researchers make conclusions based on their studies. Review pages 18 through 20 in your textbook and think about being a smart consumer of information about child development.
Here is the assignment:
After reading the article, answer the following questions.
Answers to questions 1, 2, 3, and 4 are to be concise and factual. Answer to Question 5 will be much longer, in a narrative format highlighting your own understanding and reflecting your own opinions of the research.
- What journal has published the research article? Look for the date of publication. Is it current? What can you find out about the journal and the criteria it uses to select and publish research?
- Who are the authors of the research paper? What information in the paper verifies they are knowledgeable about the topic and are providing objective, unbiased information? Are one or more of the authors knowledgeable about child development?
- This study reviewed research previously conducted over a long span of time. Briefly and concisely in your own words, describe the scope and specifics of the research. Think about the basics of who, what, when and where: what was studied, who was included in the study, when was the study conducted. Some of this information will be in the abstract of the paper, some you will find further into the paper. No need to cut/paste or copy directly from the paper for this answer.
- What is your understanding of how the research for this study was conducted? How did the authors of the research go about selecting what studies to review, measuring results and drawing conclusions from reviewing many other research studies? What might be some limitations or risk of bias in the study. Again, no need to cut/paste or copy directly from the paper for this answer. Be brief and concise in your answer.
- Now, in a narrative format, thoroughly discuss this research study. Address these points in your discussion:
- What have you learned from the study? What is new information? What are you already familiar with?
- Do you have any personal experiences with others who have experienced food insecurity?
- Is the information applicable or relevant to you now as a student, parent, employee, resident in the Bay area in California?
- What issues/concerns resulting from the Covid pandemic are important to consider? Why is it necessary to pay attention to Covid related issues when thinking about a child’s healthy development and well being?
- How could you apply this information in your work with children and families now or in the future?
- How could this information help shape national, state and local policy?
- What has been your own experience with this assignment and reviewing a research paper published in a journal?
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.