26 Nov This is the third of four journal entries that you are required to complete as part of this course. DESCRIPTION: Ritzer argu
This is the third of four journal entries that you are required to complete as part of this course.
Ritzer argues that with McDonaldization, technologies, including machines and tools, materials, skills, knowledge, rules, regulations, procedures, and techniques (p. 86), control us.
Without using direct quotes, this assignment requires you to do the following:
- Summarize Ritzers definition of control by non-human technologies, including a description of what he means by non-human technologies.
- Next, think of one area of your life, such as your job, banking, your education, a leisure activity, etc and how that statement may apply to that activity as you experience it. NOTE: Do not choose one of the areas described in the textbook.
- Based on your reflection, do you agree with Ritzers argument?
- Do you feel that, as an employee, student, or customer, you are overly controlled by non-human technologies in this activity?
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a paper of the advantages of technology or about the importance of technology in contemporary life. You need to focus on the dimension of McDonaldization called control, in one area of your own life.
- Your journal entry is worth% of your final grade.
- It should be 2 pages long using a 12-point size font, double-spaced.
- You should use a header with your name, the date, the course number, and Journal Entry on the first page.
- You should cite and reference your textbook properly in a standard formatting style, such as ASA, APA, or MLA.
- The first two pages should be your essay, and the third page should be your reference list.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.