12 Jan What biological, psychological, or social factors could be used to explain the case study offenders criminal background? Wha
PART 1 using the case study attached:
In 600 words respond to the following…..
● What biological, psychological, or social factors could be used to explain the case study offender’s criminal background? What theories might account for the offender’s behavior?
● How would you sentence the offender for the crimes committed? Be sure to address the following:
o What philosophical orientation(s) would guide your decision-making about sentencing?
o What mitigating factors and/or aggravating circumstances would you consider when deciding on sentencing?
o What type of sentence would you recommend and why?
o What sanctions would you recommend and why?
● Do you think the offender is likely to reoffend after completing their sentence? Why or why not? (100 words)
Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
PART TWO (not using the case study):
in 300 words respond to the following:
● Describe ways in which you experience, witness, or are aware of racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system.
● Describe at least two strategies you would use as a criminal justice practitioner to reduce racial bias and discrimination in the correctional system. Address any barriers that might arise. Support your response with evidence from the learning resources. You may also incorporate relevant professional experience.
support with references
© 2019 Walden University Page 1 of 1
Criminal Justice Case Studies
The Case of Jimmy Jimmy M. is a 21-year-old male who has just been arrested for stealing a car, driving while under the influence of drugs, and fleeing the scene of a deadly accident. Last night, Jimmy and a friend stole a luxury car parked in a neighborhood parking lot. Shortly after stealing the car, Jimmy and his friend smoked Fentanyl-laced cocaine and quickly became inebriated. Jimmy lost control of the car, crossed the median and hit an oncoming car head on, killing the two elderly passengers instantly. Jimmy and his friend sustained minor injuries and fled the scene. Thanks to eyewitness accounts, Jimmy and his friend were found and arrested shortly thereafter. Jimmy lives in a poverty-stricken and high crime area of town. He currently lives with his father and has no knowledge of his mother’s whereabouts. Jimmy’s father has mentally and physically abused him since he was a child, and regularly abuses drugs. Since childhood, Jimmy has suffered from a number of psychological issues and was recently diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder and bipolar disorder. Jimmy was kicked out of several public schools for fighting and has been arrested twice for assault and battery and once for intent to distribute heroin.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.